Friday, May 13, 2005

My father-in-law the handyman

The French word "bricoleur" signifies someone who likes to do home projects (and has some skill at it). But no matter what you call it, I don't enjoy home projects. I only do these when I need to, which is fairly often.

My father-in-law David is someone extremely skilled at home projects, especially repairs. I saw this again this afternoon, when he managed to fix our sofa bed in our living room. This involved drilling into the metal base and reinforcing a part with several metal brackets, which he had to bend into place.

Without this repair, we might have needed to purchase a new sofa in the near future. This is another example of another hidden cost that we haven't had to pay due to the donation of time of a supporter. David has saved us a lot of money over the years through his handyman skills. Nicole picked up some of this from her dad.

Thanks David for sharing your handyman skills with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home