La Fonderie Communication projects
This week is the 2nd week of our son's spring break. Because he's been home, this changes the dynamic of our home during the week. For me, this week has felt like a week of Saturdays. From a work perspective, it's been harder to be as productive as I would like to be, as there are a lot more interruptions than usual. It has nevertheless been a productive one.
After our Fonderie meeting of Wednesday, I have a busy week of working on communications on 2 upcoming events: an April 13 seminary on "Service or Stardom" by Rory Nowland (the former pastor of music at WillowCreek Church, where he served for 20 years) and the June 23-25 5th annual "Art and Culture" conference in Paris for artists with Gordon Pennington, a New York business consulatant and strategist in publicity, media, and culture. Unfortunately, I'll be away for the 2nd event, which will mean that I'll need to pass on the registration and treasuser's tasks to someone else who is unknown for right now.
Today I updated la Fonderie's blog site. I then created a e-advertisement for these 2 events. Now I'm sending the e-mails off in small batches at a time in order to not have problems with our server. We send these to several thousand addresses, so it takes some time.
Next Monday or Tuesday, I hope to print up envelopes for a traditional papaer mailing. Hopefully the flyers will be printed by next Wednesday so we can stuff the flyers and send off seveal hundred via snail mail.
Hopefully, all this work with communication will help inform people about these events and motivate people to register.
In more interesting news, my wife took our son and oldest daughter to their first movie in a cinema. They saw "Ice Age 2" in French. I recall my first moving being "Chitty Chity Bang Bang" about the magical car. But I was already older than our 2 kids are.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home