Friday, October 27, 2006

Dramatic readings at la Fonderie

It's another Friday night and I'm watching Star Academy on French TV. I'm impressed by the talent remainng in tis year's class. My heart's desire is that God would move among young artists in France like those in this year's class.

This week has had its unique challenges. The major one has been having to change banks after our bank of 13 years suddenly gave us some problems. Rather it wsa someone working in it. So we're closing our accounts in this bank and moving our funds into our 2nd bank here. So I've had to work on getting 10 monthly automatic payments into our new bank.

Our 8 month old is still waiting her first teeth to pierce through. She's in pain and has a cold, so she's regularly throwing up because of the phlegm in her throat. This has made a harder week for my wife as well, as her sleep has also gotten interrupted.

Earlier today I had a 4 hour stint opening up and being on duty at le Pavé d`Orsay for the Talbimola exposition. Unfortunately, no one came in today to see the paintings. Hopefully we'll get some visitors tomorrow. I did enjoy the quiet and was able to get some work done while sitting there.

I did enjoy getting to talk with Peggy, who is a newer member of the steering committee of La Fonderie. She is also an actress and teaches acting.

She's helping organize monthly dramatic reading soirées in November, December, and January. She used to do this in a well-known Paris café several years ago. The readings are normally of classic English pieces and done by actors and actresses.

It's a great opportunity for la Fonderie to use le Pavé d'Orsay as a place where Christians and non-Christians can meet together in a designated art space, experience these pieces together, and build relationship. It also allows the possibility to be involved with the world of actors and actresses, as well as with those who at least understand English.

While I was disappointed that no one came today to see the paintings, it was good to meet a British man named Damien with whom Peggy organizes these evenings. He seemed very impressed with the location and beauty of le Pavé d'Orsay. These are truly amazing gifts from God that we have the opportunity to invest during this season of ministry in Paris.

It's an interesting time, as we're still in discovery mode of how to do this ministry. There are so many things up in the air, yet so many opportunties as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home