Thursday, February 24, 2005

Snow in Paris?!!

This morning, my 3 year old woke up requesting milk. When I went in his room to open up the shades, I was amazed to see a big patch of snow in the courtyard in the back of our apartment complex. When I went to open the front shades of the apartment, there was the same thing.

The first thing I thought was that this was the 2nd day in a row when there was snow on the ground. Yesterday it was in the trees, but it had melted on the sidewalk and street. But today, it covered everything.

My second thought was that this snowy morning went against what I typically tell people about Paris weather. Except for a big storm in early 2003, I rarely remember snow sticking in Paris. So I would tell people that it NEVER snows in Paris. I should have said that it HARDLY EVER snows in Paris.

As I saw a poor car trying to drive down the street, my third thought was that I was glad that I didn't have to travel in to an office to work. For I am able to do a lot of my work from my office at home. This week I'm working on a big e-mail publicity for an April 16 event in Paris with Loren Cunningham, the founder of Youth With a Mission (YWAM). Mission Radicale is the primary sponsor of this event in Paris. After having created a colorful ad and revamped the MR website, yesterday and today are focused upon sending it out to several thousand addresses.

Tomorrow we do have to drive for a meeting at les Orphelins d'Auteuil, where our friends Charles & Magalie work. So I hope that there is no white stuff tonight for our drive to the other side of Paris.

But for today, it was nice to see the snow. The kids even got to play in it for awhile this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home