Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Accentuating Pace Already

Although I've been married for over years, my wife and I haven't prayed regularly together. I must admit that this isn't due to her reticence to pray together, but mine. This morning God seemed to change my heart on this whole thing. I think she was shocked when I said that we should start praying together.

At a marriage seminar that we went to last October led by our friend Pastor Bruce Ebersole, he talked about his counsel that newly married couples "have their devotions regularly," which entails praying together, as well as physical union.

As I see how this day developed, I realize that we really needed that prayer time.

To my surprise, there have already been 3 responses to a request 2 days ago about a need for interns at our church and a sister church. I've been corresponding already to them and Pastor Gilles about this.

During the last couple of days, my wife's desire for a group for young mothers also has been advancing at rapid pace. Yesterday she met with another young mother of kindred spirit. Then today she had several phone calls with another woman with whom she worked on a group last year. Tonight she was watching a video done by the Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) ministry. It looks like this group may start in a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow is the first church staff meeting of the new church calendar year. In a sense, my summer ends today.

May I be wise in only doing the work that the Father has for me this year. May I do this in the power of the Spirit and not in my own power. May I count on His strength and wisdom and not on my power, training, or ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home