Tuesday, December 20, 2005

School Break

I can't believe that our son started school nearly 4 months ago now. This is the first week of a 2 week Christmas break for him. He enjoys being with other kids on a daily basis, so we're trying to line up things for him. Otherwise, he'll get bored and drive us crazy.

Today we arranged a play date with Kenza, one of his classmates. I think that has North African roots. She has 3 younger brothers and a bubbly personality, so she can hold her own with our son.

Our son doesn't tell us much about what happens at school, so most of what we know comes from asking his teacher or school principal. But I was encouraged to observe the progress that he's made in French, especially since that was a key reason why we wanted him in a French preschool/kindergarden. I took him with me in the car to pick Kenza up. I was amazed to her our son jabbering in French with Kenza in the backseat.

As I blog, Chris Isaak is on "Late Night With Jay Leno" and singing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." I should check out his new Christmas album.

Anyway, our son and Kenza played well together, as well as with our daughter. They did some drawing, playing in a tent, bubble blowing, and puzzle putting together. Besides acquiring French, we want our son to develop socially. We've seen lots of progress during this first semester.

I hope that our home will be a safe and fun place, not just for our kids, but also for their friends and classmates. Having kids come over makes more work for us, but we are better able to control the overall atmosphere that they are in.

Due to vacations, we had a smaller staff meeting than usual. However, it went just as long as usual. The two biggest time consumers were how to do the coffee on Sundays and a thank you letter to the team from Tacoma, Washington that ministered at our church recently. I now need to proofread the official letter to make any corrections in the English that might need to be done.

We prayed particularly for Mark, one of Sunday's baptizees, who was hit by a car yesterday while riding a bike to work. He was taken to the hospital and had surgery on his knee today. This is an example of a spiritual attack on someone around a key spiritual moment. It's another reminder to pray for baptismal candidates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home