Revolution of love
I just got home from a special meeting featuring Heidi Baker, an American who works in Mozambique with children and who has seen God do miraculous things in Mozambique. It was held at a Catholic church, Notre Dame de la Croix de Menilmontant, a church that is on the same street at our church, l'Eglise Réformée de Belleville. This church's building is larger than our church, which made it handy for all the people who came. I used to pass it every Sunday when I would have Sunday night supper with the Weiners 1989-90.
I was asked to take photos of tonight. I have around 250 photos of tonight's event.
I had never heard Heidi speak until tonight. However, I had heard much about her from others. I appreciated the simplicity of her message through her words and especially through her life. She loves Jesus and all the children that God has brought into her life. I'm not sure if she has her own children, but she has lots of adopted kids.
At the end of her talk, she gave a prophetic word about revolution among the children and youth of France. She talked about a revolution of love in which the church reached out to the many new children who would enter her doors. This type of revolution of love is preferable to a revolution of violence.
She also talked about what she had learned through the poor people whom she has ministered to. She talked about how poverty brings about a certain desparation, including for God. She reminded us that while many people in France aren't necessarily physically poor, they are emotionally and spiritually in need.
On the way to the meeting, I looked in the window of a real estate office. I priced one apartment comparable to ours and saw that it was 200 euros more monthly than ours. I also saw the amazingly high prices to buy an apartment in Paris. When I saw them, I felt discouraged that we would never be able to buy an apartment here.
Her stories of God's provision were therefore very encouraging.

1 Comments:
I heard Heidi speak last fall. Amazing stuff. Makes me nostalgic to hear you mention ND de la Croix -- I used to walk up there and pray in the nave reularly, 2 summers ago.
Post a Comment
<< Home