Saturday, November 19, 2005

Isn't She Lovely?

Last week on Star Academy, Stevie Wonder sang his famous song "Isn't She Lovely?" His daughter Aisha, whom he wrote this about, was present. She's nearly 30 now and even sang with her father later on the show.

I've thought about these lyrics during the last week as we get ready to add a second daughter to our home in late January. Before our first daughter was born, I was a little apprehensive about having a daughter. For I didn't think that I would know what to do with her, as I grew up in a home as the oldest of two sons.

However, I've already learned much from my eldest daughter in our two years together. I love both her and her older brother, but I find I react differently to her than to him. He's a typically active boy, with a strong will to boot. I expect that he'll be a leader in the future. She's also active, but gentle and more in tune with her environment. She learns fast and is already experiencing the power of her words over those around her.

I had her for the afternoon and evening tonight, as my wife and son went to a music practice for a Christmas concert that they'll be singing in. It was good having some father/daughter bonding time, as I tend to spend more time with her brother. She accompanied me on some of my banking errands, then we went to a local park. She wanted me to carry her most of the time.

We've started to narrow in on first names for our next princess. It's not decided yet, but we've come much closer to a decision during the last 48 hours that we had been before. We're getting curious about what she'll look like and what type of personality she'll have.

I'm sure that whenever she arrives, I'll have similar sentiments to those of Stevie Wonder, when he wrote Isn't She Lovely?

Isn't she lovely?
Isn't she wonderful?
Isn't she precious?
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty?
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely?
Life and love are the same
Life is Aisha
The meaning of her name
Londie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home