Fonderie Rental Completed
Jim Beise signed a rental contract for La Fonderie this morning on a space just down the street from the Orsay Art Museum in central Paris. Jim has dreamed of having this type of space for a couple of decades. The possibility of this particular rental location began in June 2004. Jim has persevered despite things going slower than he probably would have liked.
The plan is now for the renovations to begin January 15 and probably to through the end of March. We'll probably do an open house before the renovations begin on January 9 or 10. Once the renovations are completed, then there are all sorts of possibilities for usage of the space.
That's part of the challenge for 2006: trying to discern exactly what God has for that space. It's an exciting time to be part of the Fonderie ministry. One of the current challenges for Jim is to discern who should be on the leadership team of La Fonderie.
Tonight on "Late Night With Conan O'Brien, TV journalist Barbara Walters was interviewed. One of its themes was her new book on "heaven." In her interviews with different people, she said that the one point of agreement is that heaven is a place where we are happy. Sometime in the future I would like to do more reflection and study regarding heaven.
I sent of our December monthly newslettertoday. Our friend Susan Turman e-mailed today with the sad news that the father of our supporter Linda Curtis had died this week. It's sad to think of a number of our friends who are no longer living this Christmas. I guess this is one reason why my perspective of heaven is an encouragement to me, as I believe that I'll get to see some of the dear folk who are no longer here, as we share a common faith in Jesus Christ.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home