Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Facebook

Several days ago I blogged about communication.

On Monday I accidentally discovered a new channel of communication: Facebook. I had been invited to become a friend of someone on this site. I accepted this invitation and had to go into it to do so. When I started on Monday, I had about 5 "friends" who had invited me into their network.

It's fascinating to see the network of relationships that have developed when looking at who are the "friends" of a particular person. Some college students had 400+ friends.

As I started clicking on people whom I knew whose names and faces I saw on Facebook, I started sending invitations to different ones to become my "friend." When Monday ended, my friend list had reached around 100, all in 1 day.

I've already started to think about the changes in communication that it would take to get this younger generation more interested in the Great Commission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home