Sunday morning in Essex Fells, NJ
Everyone else is still sleeping in our household, although that could change at any minute now and I'll have to close. It's nice to have it so calm and quiet.
Today we'll be sharing at Calvary Evangelical Free Church in Essex Fells, NJ this morning. I've been connected here since 1984 and enjoy coming back here each time. It's had its problems over the years, like all churches do. But this was the first church I ever really connected with that wasn't one where my parents were. In a sense, I've grown up here starting in my post-college years.
It has been good to see my wife and kids get better connected here during the past week of VBS. That is important to me.
VBS ended up being a very time and energy consuming activity for all of us last week. But it was great. Our oldest 2 children learned so much, as well as had a great time. My wife and I were able to fill in in some areas that needed our help, such as song motions (her) and prayer, communications, and photography (me).
Last week was busy as well with meals and get togethers every evening. Yesterday we were at the Saquings for lunch and swimming in the afternoon, then supper at the Wolds. Friday we got to see Anne (who was with us in Paris last autumn) and her fiance Benjamin. Thursday we had supper at the Prices, who helped us at Mission Radicale in 2003. Wednesday we had supper and swimming with the Vadalas. Tuesday we sat in the 4th row of a concert of the NY Philharmonic Orchestra. It was held on the Great Lawn of Central Park and we got to be in the special section, thanks to our friend Peter, a cellist in the NYPhil. Monday we had supper with Barbara, who housed us when our son was just a baby in 2002.
This coming week looks to be a full one as well, but without VBS in the morning. I hope that our kids don't get too bored without VBS.
Now it's time to hit the shower and get ready for the day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home