Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Become like a child

Tonight was my first of 3 nights out due to ministry reasons. To compensate my family for my absence these evenings, I spent this morning and part of the afternoon at IKEA shopping for bunk beds for our children. They'll soon need to sleep in the same room before the new baby comes. We ordered bunk beds that they like and should be delivered during the next 2 weeks.

Tonight's talk at Torrents d'Espoir was on "le faux mois / the false me." Due to sin, we get distorted perspectives about what it really is like to be created in the image of God. The fig leaf that Adam and Eve tried to cover themselves with is the archetype of "the false me."

Afterward, my group prayed for me regarding some issues. I felt God's peace and prsence during their prayer for me. One of my group leaders mentioned that when young children ask their father something, they don't do a lot of logical explaining. They just ask and trust in their father's goodness to give it to them. Having seen my kids ask for something, I could identify with this. The leader said that I should go to God with that same positive trust that a child has when asking his father

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home