Expectations
One of the joys of ministry is working with people. In Paris, I get to interact with a fascinating group from around the world.
At the same time, one of the great challenges of ministry is working with people. Highly related to this is expectations. I have expectations of them, they of me, and they of each other. This can be particularly challenging on ministry teams where team members don't necessarily know each other before working together.
Expectations also impact marriages, as each partner comes from a different family culture. Throw in some babies and other expectations come into the picture.
As I'm working more regularly with ministry interns this year, I think it's important to make more time for regular and clear communication of expectations that the interns have, that the churches have, and that I have. This is a high learning curve right now.
As our family prepares for a third child's arrival, it's also important to be able to talk everyone's feelings about this on a regular basis. We're trying to help our kids grasp that another baby is coming.
May the peace and love of Christ reign during all these discussions.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home