Brian McLaren Conference (Part 2)
I'm starting to doze off, so I'll keep this short. The baby held off and my wife released me to attend the Brian McLaren seminar today, even after I was at yesterday's seminar.
I am struck by the generosity of spirit that Brian has. Some of his former "friends" are now his "enemies." He has taking lots of criticism for his ideas and he knows this. Unfortunately, this seems to be part of the price to pay for speaking and acting prophetically. But he offers grace and blessing to those who are his biggest criticizers. This is a good model to imitate.
Today's sessions were largely based on his recent book A Generous Orthodoxy. In it, he talks about 7 different Jesus' that he discovered through his interactions with different strands of Christianity. These strands are evangelicalism, Pentecostalism, Catholicism, liberal Christianity, Anabaptism, Orthodox, and liberation theology.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home