Hearing and Ear Wax
Before returning home after the weekly Fonderie meeting and another meeting with newly arrived intern Anne Schafer, I stopped by an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor. In nearly 6 years since we've been back in France, I hadn't been to the doctor once, as my health has been really good. Last week, however, I started having a hard time hearing with my right ear. I knew that it was accumulated ear wax that gradually blocked more and more sounds from reaching my eardrum.
Earlier this week I made an appointment with a generalist doctor about the condition. In France, you often need to pass by a generalist in order to get permission to go to a specialist. The generalist confirmed that the ear was blocked and gave the name of an EN&T doctor in our part of Paris.
With the baby arriving any day now, I wanted to make sure that I could hear well before she arrives. This morning therefore I scheduled an appointment for later today. In less than 10 minutes, the doctor cleaned out both ears by blasting water into them.
After having had the right ear blocked for awhile now, it's wonderful to be able to hear with both ears now.
I think that wax in the ears could be a metaphor to the things in our lives that prevent us from hearing the voice of God. In my opinion, God is speaking everywhere. However, some people find it harder to hear His voice than others. Sometimes it takes a major operation by God to blast out what is blocking us from hearing His voice. However, it is ideally better to be cleaning out the wax on a daily basis, rather than needing to go to the doctor for a major operation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home