Busy week
Can't believe it's been 8 days since my last entry. I had intended to blog nearly every day, but didn't for various reasons.
The team from Georgia is on their way to the airport this morning. They succeeded in getting the new toilets installed and even did a test flush this past Friday. I enjoyed this team very much.
Terry from this team never did get his 2 suitcases. Despite this, he maintained a positive attitude throughout. He said that God packed his bags, as he ended up throwing his work boots and work goggles in his carry on, so he had them for the project. I made many phone calls to Air France trying to see where the luggage was. I've never had a situation where bags were delayed for so long.
Our computer had a couple of days where it crashed every 5 minutes. Ironically, when I took it to Surcouf to have it looked at, the technician didn't do anything, but rather recommended that I have Acer look at it. But it has only crashed once since then.
We were able to write, print, stamp, and bundle 1700 newscards that the team is carrying back to post in the U.S. for us. Of course, the missing luggage here was a good reminder to never assume anything until it arrives and you have it in hand.
We finally closed all the accounts in the one French bank that dropped us. It's good to have that out of the way.
I bought a new vacuum cleaner. This one is bagless, which should save us some money over the long term, as we generate lots of dirt and crumbs here. Our son broke off some parts of our old one when he was a curious toddler. Otherwise, it would probably still be going strong now. I guess this is one of those hidden costs that come with kids. I'll have to take away the cost of the vacuum from his inheritance. ;-)
The kids are watching the Veggie Tale "Jonah" DVD while eating breakfast and as we get ready to go to the worship service this morning.
Today is the 2nd and final round of the French presidential elections. Whomever is elected, Nicolas Sarkozy or Ségolène Royal, will have a 5 year term. For the first time since I've been in France, I have a strong opinion about whom I want to win (and not win). But that's not for here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home