Live from Albertville, France
Today we did a trip to Albertville in the French Alps. Albertville, the host city of the 1992 Winter Olympics, was where I spent my first year (1988-89) in France. I went to a language school (Centre d'Enseignement du Français), which I last visited 9 years ago.
We visited the school today in order for my wife to see where I lived for a year. We also might send future teammates here to learn French, so I wanted to find out how the programs work today. Except for a much improved language lab, the rest of the school looked the same.
We went to the alumni board and saw my photo as a student at age 27. Boy, did I look young and thin in that one.
We also ate in a downtown Albertville restaurant and had regional cuisine. Glad that my wife got to see it, as well as the French Alps, as she misses mountains and hills in Paris.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home