Relaxing
Today was a day where we had nothing on the schedule at the start. We needed groceries, so we went to a small mall that had an Auchan grocery store. This is the same chain where I get most of our groceries in Paris, so it was good to see the same brands and products. However, this store was much smaller than the one where I normally shop. It was much calmer too.
The people here do seem a lot less stressed or in a hurry than Parisiens. It's quite a nice change. My wife joked about my missing a calling to Lyon. We know a number of different people working here, including Paul and Elisabeth Musser and Kevin and Cheryl Stauffer with our organization.
We're really enjoying the Beckner home in Chaponost. However, I wonder how people here develop contacts for starting new churches. In Paris, there are just a lot more people that we come across in our neighborhood that we probably would here.
Anyway, we purchased 10 tokens for the kids to ride the merry-go-round in the mall. I hope that they will have good memories of family getaway times like this one.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home