Early morning shopping on Black Friday
I woke up around 2:00 a.m. here (8:00 a.m. in Paris)and was pretty much wide awake. Thus, I decided to hit some of the post Thanksgiving sales. Black Friday is the day of the year where many Americans start Christmas shopping. It is also the largest day for retail sales of the whole year.
I got to Best Buy at 4:45 a.m. for a 5:00 a.m. scheduled opening. The line was about 400 meters long and it was frigid outside. Fortunately, I got inside fairly quickly and was able to many electrical and computer items there. I waited at least an hour in the checkout line. My itinerary until 1:30 p.m. included Sears, McDonalds, Staples Office, Family Christian Bookstore, Kohls (another massive line), and Walmart. I was able to purchase nearly every items that was on my to buy list, plus some other things. I spent over 8 hours shopping with the masses.
I stopped in at Dale & Liz Watson's home and ended up having Thanksgiving leftovers with them, as well as supporters Steve & Christy from Illinois. I really enjoy getting to see old friends on these Home Ministry Assignment trips. At supper tonight, I got to see my adopted sisters Rachel and Sara and their husbands and children.
Tomorrow is the big wedding.
I loved seeing the group Switchfoot perform on the Late Night with Jay Leno tonight. It's another example of artists who are Christians getting to be salt and light.
1 Comments:
I, too, took part in the early morning madness on Black Friday. I did a lot of shopping, though probably not as much as you! I hope you have safe travels for the rest of your time home :-)
Candi Fender
Post a Comment
<< Home