Going to church and baking cookies while waiting
Yup...we're still waiting.
It's weird to have a lot of our schedules waiting upon our daughter's arrival. I've never been in the sad situation where one is in a place waiting for someone to die, but not knowing whether it would be in a few minutes, a few days, or a few weeks, and not being able to schedule anything else in until that happens. Of course, waiting for a birth is definitely more cheerful than waiting for a death.
I'm in a conundrum concerning our son's scheduled birthday party for this Wednesday. If the baby comes before then, then my wife will normally be in the maternity ward for 4 days...and miss the party. I'm not used to coordinating a birthday party for eight 3-4 year olds, so I would definitely need some help. If we move it back a week, then we risk to lose some of the invitees to winter ski vacation. What to do?
Today, we all went to church. The kids did really well...perhaps the best that they have ever done on a Sunday.
Later this afternoon, my wife, the kids, and my father-in-law made peanut butter cookies. They all seemed to enjoy it.
1 Comments:
sounds tasty. :D You should have invited me over to get some cookies. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home