Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Family life with stomach flu--Part 2

Yesterday afternoon I started feeling stomach symptoms, particularly a queasy stomach and lack of energy. After having been able to push hard to compensate for my wife's and son's illnesses, I suddenly had no energy. This lethargy has continued more or less through this evening, although there have been some moments where I've had surges of energy.

After midnight last night, I discovered that our 2 year old daughter had the stomach flu, as she had thrown up in her bed. We had her come out to the living room to sleep where I was. So it was a 2nd night in a row of trying to catch vomit in a bucket before she got it on the mat. This isn't a very glamorous view of fatherhood, but part of what comes with it.

Because I'm normally in very robust health and have lots of energy, I especially struggle when my energy level is at basically zero. I find that my prayers are more desperate requests for simple things. I realize that without God's help, I can't do anything. I know this intellectually, but I feel it when I'm sick.

Fortunately, my beloved wife gained some energy back so that she was able to cover for me. How she can balance 3 children is a mystery to me.

I did manage finally to print up envelopes and stuff them with brochures for the upcoming 5 week Thursday night series in March of la Fonderie. If you read French and want to take a look, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home