Joel's World #1
We're currently in Normandy at Domaine L'Estuaire in Merville-Franceville. This is the first of a series of reflexions of what I am learning about God through interactions with my 3 year old son Joel.
Earlier today I walked on the beach with Joel. He has been excited about going to the ocean for several days now. When we left the house at the Domaine, Joel had a plastic pail, a small rake, a small shovel, and a top for shifting sand. As hard of a time that Joel had balancing them, he still didn't want help carrying them. The same thing when we happened as we walked toward the water's edge. It was finally right before we arrived at the ocean front that he was willing to let me carry the objects.
I wonder if this is how I am with some of the "precious things" to me. Am I willing to let God carry certain favorite things, rather than clinging to them?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home