Blogging and Intercession from Virginia
After my blog from 2 days ago about my computer frustrations, we received a phone call yesterday from a woman named Ethel Patrick from Virginia. Her daughter Katherine is on the YWAM team currently in Paris this month during their service. Through a Google search, Ethel found our blog site and a photo of her daughter eating crepes in our apartment with the team. (It's amazing the power of the Google search engine, as well as a good incentive to choose words and photos wisely on my web sites and blogs, since anyone can find them).
Anyway, after reading my blog, she telephoned and spoke with Nicole. This dear woman with the gift of intercession prayed and is praying for our protection against computer problems. In my younger days, I might have snickered about this. For I had functioned as a "practical deist" who didn't believe that God was concerned about details like this, so why bother Him about them. I also was a "practical dualist" who viewed the "spiritual" as being superior to the "physical."
But now, I'm grateful to intercessors like Ethel who pray in specific ways for the details of our lives and ministries. I think that having 2 young kids has been a wonderful and sometimes painful reality check concerning God's concern for the minutiae of our lives. God wants to speak and intervene in even the smallest details like teething, potty training, school choices, and computer glitches.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home