Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A Day Full of Meetings

Today was a series of continuous meetings. They were all constructive. I'm thankful to be part of some good teams involved in some projects that motivate me.

We had our usual church work-team meeting in the morning. Randy Greer led the devotions and had us go through what is sometimes called a "soaking," in a spiritual sense. We all rested on some carpet and listened to some worship music. It was refreshing to have this time to pray, meditate, and relax. I find that when we take time at the beginning of our meetings to do this, our business discussion is much more fruitful.

We discussed a number of issues, including an upcoming Passover seder that Jean-Louis and Corinne LaFitte are organizing for the weekend after this one. Corinne is a nationally known song writer and worship leader whom God has led with her husband to become part of our church. It's encouraging to see that while God is moving some of our current leaders into different ministry situations as of this summer, He is also bringing some good people in like the LaFittes. Graham Cooke says that churches need to hold onto members loosely. For different reasons, God moves people in and out of churches. During the soaking time, I thought of Gideon. God had to shrink down his forces to 300 men in order to show that the victory was His, rather than something achieved through human strength and wisdom.

I enjoyed short discussions with a YWAMer named Brian and with Pierre DeKatow. Both are young men in their twenties whom I think God will use in big ways. They are part of a new generation of what some prophesy as being a "faceless generation" without spiritual superstars or big names, but one that moves forward together. Their generation isn't into hierarchical leadership, but is more collegial and relationship based. I look forward to seeing what God has for them, as well as for the generation of Joel, Emma, and Tobias (Pierre and Mary Colleen's newborn son).

The first afternoon reunion was about the upcoming Loren Cunningham visit to Paris this Saturday and Sunday. While there are lots of following through on plans, I think that the preplanning on our end has been good. It's great working on this project with people of the same heart. Despite my not being French, I ended up being secretary at this and the morning meeting and sending my French notes to everyone else.

The last afternoon meeting was with Jim Beise and Pierre about the June 19-21 arts conference in Paris with Colin Harbinson. This is part of my crash course about arts ministry.

My parents fly tomorrow from Denver to Detroit to Paris, with a schedule arrival around noon on Friday. While I don't think that I can cut back on my schedule this week, I do hope to get lots of time with them next week, as this is possibly their last visit to Paris, due to my mom's health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home