Live from Aurora, CO
We've been in Colorado since last Thursday (July 6). Since our Wasta entry, we got our back gate to the vehicle fixed for $650 on Wednesday morning, then drove to Gordon, Nebraska for a quick visit to Nicole's grandmother, then stopped in Alliance, Nebraska for the night. We then drove through a little bit of Wyoming and down to Fort Collins, Colorado for the wedding of Nicole's sister.
The wedding and reception were on Friday July 7 in Boulder, Colorado at the Red Lion Restaurant, a magnificent setting in Boulder Valley. My wife and I both like the Boulder area very much. She was matron of honor in the wedding, while our eldest daughter was the flower girl and our son was the "flower boy," something that he wanted to do. We enjoyed the people at the wedding and I videotaped it. If I ever need to change professions, becoming a videographer is something that I think I would enjoy doing.
One glitch was that we left a ziplock bag of very important items and documents at the hotel in Boulder on Saturday morning. Fortunately, I started looking for a Safeway card on Sunday afternoon and realized that this bag was missing. I was relieved to call the hotel on Monday morning and learn that they held it. Except for some cash and stamps inside it, it appears that everything is still in there. This was another reminder of how haste makes wastes and it is essential to always check under the beds and in all the drawers before checking out.
We arrived at my parents place in Aurora, Colorado yesterday. We're staying in the business office of this apartment complex, thanks to the generosity of their friend Jim, who is the business manager of the complex. We're enjoying the pool especially.
If anyone reading this needs to get ahold of us during the next 10 days, telephone us at 303-750-4037.
We're a little frazzled traveling with 3 young kids. It's a lot of balls to juggle and I get frustrated not being as productive in terms of meeting with people as I've been in the past.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home