Friday, February 16, 2007

Children of Artists

This morning I dropped off our oldest 2 kids at school just before 9:00 a.m. Traffic was really busy for some unknown reason, which was a bummer. It's nice to know some of the short-cuts in our neighborhood.

I discovered that the father of one of one of our son's classmates writes music for films as a profession. We already knew that one of his classmate's mother sings in the Paris Opera and another mother is a painter. One of our daughters classmate's mothers has an art studio in our neighborhood. God knew what He was doing when placing us in this neighborhood.

I spoke on the phone tonight with Bryan, who is the leader of a YWAM team from a base in Finland. The team has 6 members: two married couples and two singles; 4 Finns and 2 Americans. We'll have them over for crepes tomorrow evening to get to know them and encourage them. I may have the chance to help them find different projects and ministries that they can work with during their 3 weeks here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home