Embrase Nos Coeurs
One of my favorite events each year is the Friday of Embrase Nos Coeurs (Light our Hearts). This is a 4-day conference held in March each year just north of Paris in La Plaine St. Denis. Its primary themes are prayer and revival. Normally 1000+ followers of Jesus from Francophone Europe gather at each conference. About half are Protestant and half are Catholic.
For the last several years, I have been an official photographer of ENC. This enables me to go to places where I normally wouldn't ever dare go, like right on the stage, in order to get some images.
Sales at the Mission Radicale foodstand went very well today. After lunch, I went to the bank and deposited 1,100 euros and we had another 700-800 euros after supper. It looks like tomorrow, nearly all the money that comes in will be profit to invest in the upcoming July youth conference and in some equipment for MR.
A team of 14 students on spring break from a Methodist campus ministry at the University of Georgia has been extremely helpful in setting up for the ENC conference, as well as for the Fonderie last night.
Another blessing of the ENC conference is getting to see different friends from the past. Yesterday I ran into Laura Leece, who has changed names to Laura Wallace-Barnett since her marriage to Andrew this past January. Laura helped us move into to our current apartment in 2000. I also ran into Rebecca Thrall, who is now engaged to Julien, a 2nd year medical student in Paris. So I learned of one marriage and one engagement today.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home