SodaPop in Paris
When I lived in Michigan, we would call soft drinks like Coke and Sprite by the generic name "pop." We I moved to New Jersey, I had to learn a new term for soft drinks, which are called "soda" there. It was a good lesson in flexibility in language, especially useful later when I was at St. Michael's Church of Paris, which has more Brits than Americans. I had to learn to use the British word and the American word in order to try to be understood by the greatest number of people.
This morning started out with another run to the superstore "Metro" with Francis and Diane Dognon. The total bill was around 1600 euros ($2,000+). We filled 3 large shopping carts of food and soda pop to sell for Mission Radicale at the Embrase Nos Coeurs conference during the next 4 days.
Tonight, we had a hip hop dancer named SodaPop as the main speaker at La Fonderie. He was an enjoyable person to talk to. One interest artistic performance was by Kathy Hur, a Korean American who is studying painting at the University of Georgia. She said that she sees her painting as an act of prayer.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home