Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Armistice Day visit

Today was Armistice Day, a national holiday in France. In practice, it wasn't a holiday without work, as I had a lot to do to get ready for a ministry intern 2006-7 and the Open Doors of Belleville event at our church this weekend.

I had a helpful phone conversation with Tricia, the scheduled ministry intern at our church 2006-7. I also worked out a possible budget for her if she came through our organizaton

The New Vision Baptist Church team arrives on Wednesday morning, so I drafted a final advice e-mail for the team. Hopefully, everything will work out smoothly.

We had afternoon snack (called "gouter") at the apartment of Luc, a 3 year old who with his fatherFrançois attends the Tuesday afternoon swim course. We met Luc's American mother Alex. Alex and my wife realized that they had met earlier, as they both had the same OB/GYN and had delivered all the children at the same maternity ward. It was an enjoyable first visit with them, as the kids all played togeter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home