Birthday
Today was another turning of a new year in my life. My wife and kids made a card. I got a few cards in the mail, as well as several e-cards through the Internet. Tomorrow is the more formal celebration I'm told, although I haven't heard who the 2 mystery guests coming are.
Nicole said that our son's teacher said that he was obedient in school today. This was a birthday present in itself.
Tonight as he was in the process of getting ready for bed, we played kitchen with a plastic set of dishes and pots that the kids have. To my surprise, he said that we should pray. He then folded his hands and prayed basically word for word what we pray before meals. I was amazed, as it seems like we have a hard time getting his attention when we do this. But he apparently has observed what we do and say. He does surprise us how he can repeat back things from his kids videos. It's another example of how a context of community is important in passing on religious traditions.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home