Prayer for Fathers
Yesterday at our church, Pastor Werner had all the fathers come forward for prayer. I had our 5 week old Elizabeth in my arms and 4 year old son next to me during this time. It was part of a prayer for the fathers and families in France, as we represented them.
Afterwards I ended up being in the nursery with 2 other fathers and about a dozen kids. No one was signed up to cover it, but there were a lot of kids, so someone needed to do it.
As I think about my ministry priorities for the next few years, helping young families is one of them. I envision spending more time being with my kids, their peers, and their parents. Some current ministry activities will probably get dropped during this season when it's just naturally easier to build neighborhood relationships like these.
I think that having a 3rd child is teaching me how to open our hearts and arms beyond the boundaries of my family to include others as well. We need additional help to be able to handle our 3 children's needs, so we've had to welcome Becca into our family this month. We have 2 others in the pipeline to help out as well between now and this summer. I not only want what is good for my 3 kids, but also for their peers at church, school, swim class, etc.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home