Jesus Revolution, Healing, and Unity
Tonight I attended a concert at our church of one of the touring music groups of Jesus Revolution (www.jesusrevolution.org). Photos of it can be seen by clicking here.
Jesus Revolution is a mission organization begun in Norway within the last decade. Their goal is train up an army of young missionaries to reach the youth of Europe.
At the first Mission Radicale conference in 2000, we had 2 representatives of Jesus Revolution come and share. However, this was my first time to see their young in action. I was very impressed with the quality of their artistic performance, as well as their fervor for God.
The 6 young people on the stage gave a dramatic and lively performance of the musical "The Battle for Europe." It went through each decade since the 1940s and the different battles for the minds and hearts of the youth of Europe: Fascism, Communism, drugs, sexual liberty, materialism, etc. At the end, the young people gave a clear proclamation of the good news.
It was very encouraging to see this structure for training and giving ministry opportunities to young people. There was a seriousness about them that was impressive.
At the end of their presentation, they asked people who wanted healing of any type to come forward. I was impressed with the faith of these young people to pray bold prayers.
This morning at our worship service, Pastor Serge spoke about healing in his sermon. He mentioned that where there is division in a church or in a group of churches, there is less healing taking place than where there is unity. This is an interesting idea that I would like to explore further in the gospels and in Acts.
The longer that I'm in France, the more I am convinced of the importance of seeing God's power manifested in physical ways, like healing. It often takes a radical act of God to break through the mental and rationalistic strongholds that people have set up. I believe that we need healing and other manifestations of God's power as much nowadays as did the first century church. But it isn't about man's glory or power, but about God's power and giving glory to Him and bringing His Kingdom in.
1 Comments:
Love your posts, Al. This one is great. Hopefully I will get to see some of these "Jesus Revolution" people sometime.
Post a Comment
<< Home