Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Setting Up Lights

I'm writing from le Pavé d'Orsay, the arts space of la Fonderie. We have our 3rd art exhibit starting with a "vernissage" (official opening) tomorrow evening. It will be an exhibit of photos by French artist Simone Tavares. It will be here February 1-16.

Before every event, especially the art exhibits, one major job is setting the lights. I didn't know this until la Fonderie started doing events here. Because the position of each painting or photo is different with each exhibit, we need to aim the lights at different spots on the walls. I don't find it overly exciting work. But doing this well is important to the success of an exhibit.

Jim mentioned that Nicole Nordemann mentioned him and la Fonderie in her January 2007 column in CCM Magazine. Like the articles in Christianity Today and Relevant Magazine, this is wonderful free publicity for la Fonderie. We've already gotten some e-mails about this, which is terrific.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home