Sunday, July 23, 2006

How Great Is Our God

Today (or yesterday, officially) I've been stewing about not being able to get to Utah this weekend as we had originally scheduled. Honestly, I've been really frustraed and angry about the timing of my wife's knee dislocation. It seems like it came at the worst time possible on our trip, as this was when we had a lot of precise dates lined up in some places where we hadn't been for a number of years.

Tonight we went to Eastern Hills Community Church for the 2nd Saturday night service in a row. It was again good to be there. Our oldest 2 kids enjoyed being in their Sunday School, which is a relief to us.

I was ministered to at the service by the lyrics of Chris Tomlin's song "How Great Is Our God." I first heard them when Joy Saquing and the team from his church in Florida came Paris in May 2005.

Here are the lyrics:

The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice

He wraps himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice
Trembles at His voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end
Beginning and the end

The Godhead Three in One
Father Spirit Son
The Lion and the Lamb
The Lion and the Lamb

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Name above all names
Worthy of all praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God (x2)


In particular, I was struck by this part of the song:

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end
Beginning and the end


This is a reminder that God is in control of time, including our schedule. I'm not sure what the purpose of this delay is. But I will trust that it is meant for God somehow.