Zoo and Future Planning
Yesterday afternoon we all went to the zoo in Vincennes, which is just east of Paris. Although rain had been predicted, it held off until just before we exited the zoo.
This zoo was a good size for our family. We visited a couple nice zoos in Omaha, Nebraska and Nashville, Tennessee last summer. These were great zoos, but too big for our family to be able to conquer in a day. The Vincennes zoo was easily viewed in 2 hours on foot at a slow walking rate. It had 2 hippos, 3 walruses, 3 seals, 4 zebras, 16 giraffes, 20ish monkeys, and 40ish flamingos, as well as other animals. Compared with other zoos, we were able to get very close to the animals, so we got lots of nice photos.
Ever since his birthday party with the zoo theme, our son has been dying to visit a zoo. So he was thrilled with the visit.
I was impressed with the diversity in the animals. It was a reminder of God's creativity. The diversity of color and shape in creation shows God's generosity and artistic side. It's a privilege to have easy transport access to an aquarium and a zoo where we can see creatures that manifest the work of the Master Designer.
Today I had a meeting with Pastor Serge. We nailed down April 1 as the day of our youngest daughter's dedication at church. This is Palm Sunday (as well as April Fool's Day). So now we can start planning the party for that day.
We also discussed a future intern at the church. So I'm going to try to recruit someone.
I also got on the phone to try to get our Toyota looked at. It's an old car that probably needs a new standard transmission. The earliest appointment I could get was in 2 weeks. I'll have to see it the cost of the transmission justifies itself, or if it would be cheaper just to buy another vehicle. Plus, as our kids get bigger, we many need more room.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home