Monday, March 27, 2006

Springtime in Paris

Today was one of those spring-like days that we've been longing for for weeks. After weeks of rain and cold and grey skies and sickness, hope is on the way. Many of us in Paris have been waiting for spring to come. Yesterday we went on daylight savings time, so we'll start getting some long evenings of sunlight now.

MaryAnne flew back to Michigan today and Becca flies in 4 days. It was fun having both of them and getting to rediscover Paris through hearing of their sightseeing adventures. Because I've lived in Paris for 11 years now, plus that I have 3 young kids, I don't get to sightsee much right now. However, when I do have errands to run or meetings in different parts of Paris, I try to look around and sometimes take photos as well.

Tonight we watched the 1990s version of the film "Sabrina" with Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond. It gives a magical, romantic view of Paris and makes it seem like the cure all for all problems. This does connect with me in some ways, as I have changed a lot during my time here, including getting to court my wife here.

I still feel blessed to be living here. Even though our part of town isn't really touristic, I enjoy the people that we get to interact with here and the services that we benefit from, such as inexpensive schools, child friendly parks, and normally good transportation. I feel connected with my neighborhood more and more.

Here's hoping for a warm and sunny springtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home