Thanksgiving in Paris
Happy Thanksgiving! In Paris, Thanksgiving is just a normal work day. Had I not run into several Americans at a meeting today, I might have forgot that it was today.
We'll celebrate this Sunday at the home of Jim and Angela in the southwestern suburbs. My wife is already thinking of concocting her favorite cranberry salad.
The highlight of today was the visit of Moise and Elisabeth from Burkina Faso in West Africa. We met Moise at Amsterdam 2000. He's one of the handful of people whom I've maintained contact with since then. Today was our first time to meet Elisabeth his lovely wife.
They have an apostolic ministry of starting churches in villages in Burkina Faso. They are the cream of the crop and are effectively getting the work done. They are in Europe for 50 days to share their work with churches and individuals who sponsor them.
In terms of schedules, today or this week aren't the best times to see them, as there is just a lot going on. But I'm glad to see them and have them under our roof tonight. It's a good reminder to show hospitality in the way that we like to receive hospitality during our home ministry assignment trips. I'm sure that we don't always arrive at people's homes at the best time for them.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home