Monday, November 20, 2006

Busy weekend

Ouf!, as the French say. It's been a busy last few days. I'm nearly too tired to blog, but don't want to delay another day, as much has happened since my last entry.

On Friday night, we had a dinner at le Pavé d'Orsay for the leadership team of la fonderie with Steve Turner (author of Imagine: a Vision for Christians in the Arts), singer/songwriter David Durham, editor Steven Dixon, and writer Jonathan Hanley. All day Saturday I was with these guys and around 30 artists at the home of Jim & Angela Beise in a southwestern suburb of Paris. It was a wonderful day of fellowship, stimulating teaching, and delicious food. These types of days provide intense moments together.

Yesterday we were at the 9:00 a.m. worship service of Belleville, then went to le Bois de Vincennes later in the afternoon. The kids enjoyed feeding the ducks and riding on the merry-go-round.

Today I was in Lognes (east of Paris) at the annual Centre Evangélique. As always, I enjoyed getting to see some old friends there, including Jean-Claude Chong, Philippe Mayhew, former Albertville classmate Mike Farho, former Nogent classmates Luc et Cécile Nussbaumer, Charles Cross, Tom Bassett, Denis & Isabelle Hey, Catherine Migliory, etc. The theme of this year is ministry to children, which I appreciate. I enjoyed getting to hang out with Jonathan Boulet on the way home, although we got caught in traffic and it took nearly 2 hours.

Now it's time for bed. I'm probably back at le Centre Evangélique tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home