Good Sunday for the whole family, Prayer
This Sunday morning at church went well from my perspective as a father of 3 children. The 2 older kids woke up early, which makes it easier to get them dressed and fed before church. Because our car only holds 5 people and we're 6 with Becca, I took the bus with our son. He enjoys looking out the window on the bus. We arrived early and he was entertained by drawing while we waited for my wife and the 3 girls to arrive by car. They found a good parking place close to the church and also arrived before the service started.
During the service, we passed our sleeping baby to Marie-France, a woman who does liturgical dance. Elizabeth slept through the whole service in her arms. During the worship time, our son drew and our other daughter waved a banner. All 3 kids were in control, which was a relief. The older 2 then went to the nursery/toddler room during the sermon, which another woman named Nadège capably ran. My wife and I both heard the sermon and took turns translating for Becca.
After the service, Elizabeth was the star, as many people wanted to see her. She's starting to look around now, and even smile, which is fun.
It's a relief to come home from church and have all 6 of us have a good experience.
Last night I had a dream. While most of the details have escaped my memory right now, the gist was that I needed to pray more about some situations where I have a tendency to try to work and figure things out, rather than to pray. This is Lent, a season in France and in our church where prayer is more strongly encouragaged. Rather than losing heart at certain situations, I need to pray more. The practical challenge is when to do this and how.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home